Eurail Hungary and Romenia Pass Features
From 4 to 8 travel days.
Unlimited travel on the national network of Austria and Italy.
Options for 1st class or 2nd class.
Youth Pass: Valid for people under 26 years old.
Saver pass: It's a special fare when 2 or more people travels together all the time. * Prices are per person.
Children under 12 years old may travel free when travelling with adults. 2 Children may travel per adult railpass. A Child pass must be issued so it is important that you provde the child name (and age) and requesting railpasses.
Flexipass: Travel days may be used consecutively or not, within 1 month period.
Special bonuses (details below)
One travel day alouds you to travel all day long. It is counted the first time you use the railpass in each single day.
Eurail Map online (PDF - 2 Mb)
Free European Rail Network Map: An Eurail Railpass provides customers with useful and detailed travel documentation. Customers purchasing an Eurail Pass receives (together with their railpasses only) an Eurail Pass Guide: which explains in detail how the Eurail Pass works and where it is accepted. It also provides information on Eurail’s Benefit Partners (Local benefits for railpass users) and gives further useful information for each
traveler. An Eurail Map is also added showing all main rail lines and participating shipping routes.
|Eurail Hungary and Romenia Passes - Fares (US$ per person)|
|Options||4 days||5 days||6 days||8 days||10 days|
|Saverpass - 1st class||$213.00||$239.00||$265.00||$307.00||$345.00|
|Saverpass - 2nd class||$172.00||$194.00||$216.00||$249.00||$277.00|
|Adult - 1st class||$249.00||$278.00||$310.00||$359.00||$404.00|
|Adult - 2nd class||$201.00||$226.00||$251.00||$291.00||$325.00|
|Youth - 1st class||$201.00||$226.00||$251.00||$291.00||$325.00|
|Youth - 2nd class||$166.00||$186.00||$205.00||$237.00||$266.00|
|Currency: US Dollars|
For booking, click or touch on corresponding fare
Saver pass: It's a special fare when 2 or more people travels together all the time. Fares per person.
Youth: Youth fares are valid for people under 26 years old.
Validity: The first trip date must be within 6 months from issue date, unless specified for promotions.
All Fares are per person, in US dollars, subject to change.
Rail pass Protection Plan is available.
We ship worldwide by FedEx.
Free Shipping to USA and Canada (for orders over US$ 400)
Handling fee: All bookings are subject a US$ 8 handing fee.
Seat reservations are compulsory for major routes (Capital cities and etc). You can make seat reservations at train station or request them online from us. Just fill the reservation form after completing the Rail pass order.
Euro Railways offers Rail pass Refund Protection Plan.Benefits: 100% refund on the unused portion of rail passes if lost or stolen while traveling in Europe.
What you will receive: Refund one day of the cost of your Rail pass for each day of use of point to point ticket or the cost of the point-to-point tickets, whichever is lower.
For example: If you purchase a 5 day Rail pass for $300 and you lose the pass and you still need to travel from Milan to Vienna, from Vienna to Munich and from Munich to Frankfurt to complete your planned itinerary; we will refund three days of your pass one for each day your purchased a point to point tickets. The refund in this example is $ 180 ($300 divided by 5 multiplied for three.
To make a claim:
1) Complete your travel using point to point tickets. You can purchase your point to point tickets at any train station..
2) Save the tickets that you purchase along with any receipts.
3) Send the receipts and tickets to our office within 30 days of your return with a brief letter describing the circumstances of your loss or theft, and include you name, address and telephone number.
- Unused and not validated Eurail rail passes can be refunded.
- A 15% penalty fee refund applies to totally unused passes returned within 1 year of issuing date
- Eurail Select rail passes are not refundable and cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or partially used.
- Lost or stolen passes may be protected with the purchase of the Railpass Protection Plan
- Rail Pass Exchanges are subject to US$ 25 service fee
- Passes are strictly personal, non-transferable and only valid with a passport, official identity or special military travel permit. Presentation of this document to the European control staff on trains and shipping lines is compulsory.
- Transportation covered by the pass is subject to the "Uniform Rules concerning the contract for International Carriage of Passengers and Luggage by rail (CIV). In respect of carriage by sea, the legal provisions of the individual sea carrier apply.
- Passes are not valid until the first and last day of validity and passport number are entered by a railway official before travel begins. Use must begin within 6 months of the date of issue.
- The pass holder may travel on any date within the limits of the period of validity. The pass also entitles the holder within the period of validity to many transportation bonuses, such as those on ferries, boats and buses (either entirely free of at discount)
- The Eurail and Europass is valid from midnight to midnight on the date of use indicated on the calendar. If an overnight trip start in a direct overnight train departing after 19:00, the next day's date must be entered, travel between 19:00 and 24:00 hours on the previous day is then included. When using an overnight ferry covered by the pass, the holder may enter either the day of departure or the day of arrival.
- No supplements are required for trains such as EC, IC, ICE, etc..
- Additional fees for seat reservations, sleeperettes, couchettes, sleeping car accommodation, meals, extra service on board, supplement charges on certain ships, port taxes, luggage forwarding, etc... are payable.
- Passes do not guarantee a seat on a train or passage on a boat unless reservations are made in advance. For certain trains and boats a reservation is compulsory.
- For 1st class travel with a pass marked 2nd class, the difference between the full 1st and 2nd class fares on the respective route must be paid
- If the traveler cannot present, upon request, a valid passport, official identity card or special military travel permit with his pass, the local control staff is authorized to demand payment, in addition to the full fare, of a fine charged in conformity with the regulations of the railway concerned, both in local currency.
- Passes can neither be refunded nor replaced:
if lost or stolen,
if partially used,
if submitted after the first day of validity,
or after one year from the date of issue.
Applications for refund must be submitted to the issuing office with all necessary proof (cancellation by a European Railroad Office, medical certificates in case of illness, death certificate.)
In the case of completely unused non-validated passes, a refund application with original documents must be submitted to the office where the pass was purchased. The refundable allowance is subject to a 15% deduction.
- A Youth pass may only be used by people under 26 years of age. A Child pass may only be used by persons under 12 years of age.
- All orders are subject a US$ 8 Handling fee.
Rail Passes Options
Also, consider the following options for your travel:
To Explore an European Region or up 28 European countries, request a Multi Countries Pass. It will be the best option for you.
But if you want to travel few itineraries close to each other or if you want to complement a rail pass, you can check more than 12,000 Point to Point tickets in our website.
Eurail's Benefit Partners, Eurail Aid Offices, Boats & Ferries companies, Airport links, Lounges availables.
European Rail Pass are entitled to a variety of bonuses besides the shipping lines, private rail lines, buses, museums and hotels discounts and lounges on the major train stations.
Holders of Eurailpass Flexi, Europass or Eurail Selectpass have to note that a free transportation bonus or shipping line requires use of a travel day; reduction bonuses or reduced shipping lines do not require use of travel day.
Rail Pass holders are granted a reduced fare or even free passage on many shipping lines.
For international shipping lines: In general, the Pass must be valid for the country of departure or the country of arrival. When indicated, the Pass must be valid in both countries, or in one specific country.
For domestic shipping: The pass must be valid for the country in question.
Bonus & Benefits for Hungary
Eurail Pass valid in Hungary is valid with the national railway company MÁV-START and is also valid on the railway lines operated by GySEV/Raaberbahn
Eurail Aid Offices
16 József Attila Street, Budapest 1051 (V. district), Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Keleti Railway Station:
Next to platform 9. The Aid Office is open every day, from 6:00 to 21:30 hours.
Hungarian Heritage Railway Park 50% discount on the entrance fee for the Hungarian Heritage Railway Park (seasonal opening hours). The Park can be reached from Budapest Nyugati Railway Station with Desiro trains running towards Esztergom. (Eurail Passes accepted). Address: Tatai út 95, 1142 Budapest, phone +36 1450 1497, firstname.lastname@example.org
1st class Eurail Pass holders with 1st class reservation, or Railjet Business Class seat reservation, or with single/ double sleeping car supplement are entitled on the day of travel to the services of the Business Lounge of MÁV-START, located at Budapest Keleti Railway Station
Budapest: from Budapest Liszt Ferenc Airport there are direct connections from Terminal 1 to Budapest Nyugati (train every 15 minutes) and other destinations.
Bonus & Benefits for Romania
A Eurail Pass valid in Romania is valid with the national railway company CFR Calatori
Eurail Aid Offices
Bucuresti Nord Railway Station (Bucharest)
Wasteels Voyages Romania
Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Sat: 8:00am - 2:00pm
Brasov Railway Station
Wasteels Voyages Romania
Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Bucuresti: from Henri Coanda Airport, bus 780 to Bucuresti Nord railway station or bus 783 to Piata Victoriei, 800m from Bucuresti Nord railway station. Eurail Passes are not valid.
European Eurail's Benefit Partners, Eurail Aid Offices, Boats & Ferries companies, Airport links, Lounges availables.
Just click or touch on the Benefits Image above to know the Bonus and Benefitis in others European countries.