Choosing a Rail Pass or Ticket. What is the best choice?
The big question: Rail Passes or Train Tickets?
A point to point ticket is a train ticket valid to travel on one itinerary in a specific date and time.
If you want to travel on many itineraries a rail pass will be the best option for you most of the time. It is more economic and it will give you freedom to choose the dates for each segment you wish to take. There are rail passes for only one country, for 2 countries, Select passes for 4 countries and Global pass valid for travel all Europe
In accordance with your itinerary, age, trip duration and number of people traveling (together or not) you will find the best option for your European rail trip.
Rail passes fares options are:
Family or Saverpass fare when 2 or more people are travelling together all the time.
Senior fares for travelers older than 60 years.
Youth fares for people under 26 years old.
Children options for kids between 4 and 11 years old. They won´t pay for a railpass. 2 children may travel per paying adult.
EURAIL OFF PEAK PROMOTION
- Get 20% discount when purchase any Eurail Pass
- Rail Passes are valid for 6 months from issue date.
- Offer for limited time subject to change.
- The Eurail OFF PEAK promotion passes ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
- If you want a regular Eurail pass, 85% refundable, select option REGULAR PASS, at checkout.
- The prices showed below already included the 20% discount. If you want regular pass you can select it at product option.
1. Visiting One European Country
|Austria||Eurail Austria Pass|
|Croatia||Eurail Croatia Pass|
|Czech Republic||Eurail Czech Pass
|Denmark||Eurail Denmark Pass|
|England||BritRail England Flexipass|
|Finland||Eurail Finland Pass
|Greece||Eurail Greece Pass
|Hungary||Eurail Hungary Pass|
|Italy||Eurail Italy Pass
|Poland||Eurail Poland Pass|
|Portugal||Eurail Portugal Pass|
|Romania||Eurail Romania Pass|
|Scotland||Freedom of Scotland Travel Pass|
|Spain||Eurail Spain Pass|
|Sweden||Eurail Sweden Pass|
2. Visiting 2 European Countries
|Choose to travel 3 or 4 countries out of 24 European countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Finland, Germany, Greece, Montenegro, Netherlands, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden and Switzerland.
|Eurail Select Pass
The following countries are counted like one country:
1) Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg
2) Bulgaria, Serbia, Montenegro
3) Croatia, Slovenia
4. Visiting a European Region
Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Turkey
Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg
|Eurail Benelux Pass|
Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia
|European East Pass|
Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden
|Eurail Scandinavia Flexipass (ScanRai)|
England, Scotland, Wales
5. Visiting up to 28 European Countries
to 28 Countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bosnia Herzegovinia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland, Turkey. (Liechenstein and Monaco are considered part of Austria and France Respectively)
Eurail Consecutive Days Pass
Note: United Kingdom is not covered by Eurail Passes
6. Premier Trains with Point to Point tickets
|Eurostar||London, Paris, Brussels, Disneyland Paris|
|Thalys||Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Cologne|
|Others Premier Trains||Premier trains cover the main
7. Night Trains with Point to Point tickets
|Thello||Paris to Milan/Venice|
|City Night Line||Paris / Berlin, Munich, Prague|
|Others Overnight Trains||
Lisbon / Madrid;
8. Scenic Trains & General Point to Point Tickets
|Scenic Trains||Great trips through European wonderful views by panoramic trains|
|Point to Point Tickets||A point-to-point ticket is good for a rail journey from one destination in Europe to another along a specific route.|
9. Reservations, Full Support
|Reservations||You can make reservations at train stations or we can do them online for you avoiding any lines at the train stations.|
|Personal Travel Assistant||Infom your itinerary options. Our team will check the best options and provide a guide and suggestions customized for you by email only.|
Euro Railways offers Rail pass Refund Protection Plan.Benefits: 100% refund on the unused portion of rail passes if lost or stolen while traveling in Europe.
What you will receive: Refund one day of the cost of your Rail pass for each day of use of point to point ticket or the cost of the point-to-point tickets, whichever is lower.
For example: If you purchase a 5 day Rail pass for $300 and you lose the pass and you still need to travel from Milan to Vienna, from Vienna to Munich and from Munich to Frankfurt to complete your planned itinerary; we will refund three days of your pass one for each day your purchased a point to point tickets. The refund in this example is $ 180 ($300 divided by 5 multiplied for three.
To make a claim:
1) Complete your travel using point to point tickets. You can purchase your point to point tickets at any train station..
2) Save the tickets that you purchase along with any receipts.
3) Send the receipts and tickets to our office within 30 days of your return with a brief letter describing the circumstances of your loss or theft, and include you name, address and telephone number.
- Unused and not validated Eurail Select rail passes can be refunded.
- A 15% penalty fee refund applies to totally unused passes returned within 1 year of issuing date
- Eurail Select rail passes are not refundable and cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or partially used.
- Lost or stolen passes may be protected with the purchase of the Railpass Protection Plan
- Rail Pass Exchanges are subject to US$ 25 service fee
- Passes are strictly personal, non-transferable and only valid with a passport, official identity or special military travel permit. Presentation of this document to the European control staff on trains and shipping lines is compulsory.
- Transportation covered by the pass is subject to the "Uniform Rules concerning the contract for International Carriage of Passengers and Luggage by rail (CIV). In respect of carriage by sea, the legal provisions of the individual sea carrier apply.
- Passes are not valid until the first and last day of validity and passport number are entered by a railway official before travel begins. Use must begin within 6 months of the date of issue.
- The pass holder may travel on any date within the limits of the period of validity. The pass also entitles the holder within the period of validity to many transportation bonuses, such as those on ferries, boats and buses (either entirely free of at discount)
- The Eurail and Europass is valid from midnight to midnight on the date of use indicated on the calendar. If an overnight trip start in a direct overnight train departing after 19:00, the next day's date must be entered, travel between 19:00 and 24:00 hours on the previous day is then included. When using an overnight ferry covered by the pass, the holder may enter either the day of departure or the day of arrival.
- No supplements are required for trains such as EC, IC, ICE, etc..
- Additional fees for seat reservations, sleeperettes, couchettes, sleeping car accommodation, meals, extra service on board, supplement charges on certain ships, port taxes, luggage forwarding, etc... are payable.
- Passes do not guarantee a seat on a train or passage on a boat unless reservations are made in advance. For certain trains and boats a reservation is compulsory.
- For 1st class travel with a pass marked 2nd class, the difference between the full 1st and 2nd class fares on the respective route must be paid
- If the traveler cannot present, upon request, a valid passport, official identity card or special military travel permit with his pass, the local control staff is authorized to demand payment, in addition to the full fare, of a fine charged in conformity with the regulations of the railway concerned, both in local currency.
- Passes can neither be refunded nor replaced:
if lost or stolen,
if partially used,
if submitted after the first day of validity,
or after one year from the date of issue.
Applications for refund must be submitted to the issuing office with all necessary proof (cancellation by a European Railroad Office, medical certificates in case of illness, death certificate.)
In the case of completely unused non-validated passes, a refund application with original documents must be submitted to the office where the pass was purchased. The refundable allowance is subject to a 15% deduction.
- A Youth pass may only be used by persons under 26 years of age. A Child pass may only be used by persons under 12 years of age.
- All orders are subject a US$ 8 Handling fee.
Eurail's Benefit Partners, Eurail Aid Offices, Boats & Ferries companies, Airport links, Lounges availables.
Just click or touch on the Benefits Image below to know them
European Rail Pass are entitled to a variety of bonuses besides the shipping lines, private rail lines, buses, museums and hotels discounts and lounges on the major train stations.
Holders of Eurailpass Flexi, Europass or Eurail Selectpass have to note that a free transportation bonus or shipping line requires use of a travel day; reduction bonuses or reduced shipping lines do not require use of travel day.
Rail Pass holders are granted a reduced fare or even free passage on many shipping lines.
For international shipping lines: In general, the Pass must be valid for the country of departure or the country of arrival. When indicated, the Pass must be valid in both countries, or in one specific country.
For domestic shipping: The pass must be valid for the country in question.
Benefit Partners, Eurail Aid Offices, Boats & Ferries companies, Airport links, Lounges availables.
Just click or touch on the Benefits Image below to know them