Chocolate Train by scenic train
The Panoramic roundtrip from Montreux on the Swiss Riviera to Gruyeres, home of the famous Gruyeres cheese and Nestle chocolate factory. Chocolate sampling is included. The Swiss Chocolate train is a joint venture between GoldenPass services and Cailler-Nestle. Trips in the comfort of 1st class, in a Pullman "Belle Epoque" carriage vintage 1915 or the ultramodern panorama car affording stunning views of the vineyards surrounding Montreux and medieval Gruyeres.
Depart Montreux on the Swiss Riveira, ascend to Gruyeres, home of the famous Gruyeres cheese and continue to Broc, where the chocolate factory is marvelous situated between Lake Gruyeres and the Alpes.
Montreux - Gruyeres - Broc Fabrique - Montreux.
Thanks to large windows extending to the top of the train, travelers are able to enjoy excellent panoramic views. Air-conditioning provides for comfortable, draft-free trips.
Runs on Wednesdays from June,1st to October,31st and
on Mondays from July,1st to August,31st.
- 9:34am : dp. from Montreux, including coffee and croissant served on board
- 10:50am : at Gruyères station, visit to Gruyères cheese factory
- 11:40am : Transfer by bus from the station to the village
- 1:55pm : Transfer by bus from the village to the station
- 2:05pm : dp. from Gruyères station
- 2:35pm : at Broc. Visit to the Cailler-Nestlé chocolate factory, film presentation, mini tour and complimentary chocolate tasting offered by Nestlé.
- 3:50pm : dp. from Broc
- 5:40pm : arr. at Montreux
To buy the desired pass, click in the corresponding fare.
|Chocolate Train (roundtrip):
Montreux - Gruyeres - Broc Fabrique - Montreux
Only reservation fee.
Currency: US Dollars
- Runs on Wednesdays only from June,1st to October,31st and on Mondays from July,1st to August,31st.
- Passholder fare:
valid for all Swiss Railpass, Eurailpass, Eurail Select (incl. Switzerland)
- Passholder fare: will be counted one day pass
- Refund policy:
Reservation fees are not refundable.